Friday, December 19, 2014

My Journey as a Photographer! :)

Photography has always been my 'thing'. It's always been an interest of mine. Ever since I got my first phone camera (lol), I have been taking pictures of things and it's just something that I've always loved. About a year or two ago, I decided to take my first photography course. My parents bought me a cool DSLR camera and I was like "YES! THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING TO ME!" But little did I know that the class sorta drained me out creatively. I found myself hating the photography class I was taking and I was horrible at it.

I was in a creative roadblock! (CRASH AND BURN)

I was enclosed in my house all day, with my photography textbook and my beloved Canon. I would read and read and read endlessly about photography but I never really learned. I didn't know what to take pictures of. I didn't have any inspiration in my home. I found myself hating what was my passion. CREATIVELY DRAINED AND OVERWORKED - are the correct words I would use for it. I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do but when it came time to portraying it with my camera, I didn't know where to start!

However, I decide to change my point of view. I was determined to make the most of this class. After all, it was my passion. I was surprised at how well I had done since I change my point of view. I progressed so much and I was really beginning to see that I had a talent for this. People also complemented me on it and I felt on top of the world! I finished that class and wanted to do more and more photography work. I got many clients wanting me. I asked my friends to model for me and I had so much fun doing it. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!

But then, things slowed down and I decided to take another course at my local high school. I loved it. I learned so many new things and really doing it hands on - as oppose to reading a textbook- really made all the difference. I owe the majority of what I learned to that class. I learned how to use film, the darkroom as well as editing and photoshop and printing. It was spectacular! Well that ended and I really feel that I've grown.

Unfortunately, lately, I've been feeling like my photography career has been taking a slow turn. I haven't had as many clients. I haven't been progressing as much as I used to and my creative juices are not flowing! I wish to get back to that excitement. I have the desire to get back to that time. That's why I wanted to make this post, To show you all just how passionate I am about this sort of thing. I did a similar post on my makeup blog: www.makeupbykflash.blogspot.com

If you live in the South Florida area and are in need of any photography, let me know :)

You can contact me at: amanda52598@bellsouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment